Through the centuries, in many different cultures, parents have used baby massage to calm and soothe.
Recent medical research into baby massage has shown that there are many benefits to both baby and parent.
Babies who have regularly received massage have better feeding and sleep patters than those who have not.
A reduction in colic and constipation has also been noted.
Benefits for baby
- Experience a relaxed, gentle touch
- Aids digestion and eases wind
- Encourages non-verbal communication
- Improves muscle tone and flexibility
Benefits for parent/carer
- Offers a unique opportunity top get to know your baby other than feeding/winding/changing - supports bonding
- Confidence building
Communication - opens a non-verbal channel